The Dinner Game |
Friday 22nd April 6.30pm
Hosted by Chrissy Bray | Cooking by Crumble
On Friday 22nd April, Chrissy Bray and chefs, Scarlett Dixon and Lyndell Sabine of Crumble, will host an immersive dining experience that blends film, music and food. The evening will take place at East London’s Palm 2 in Clapton with cocktails and a three-course meal, plus delectable treats served as part of the interactive games hosted between courses. Tickets are £50 (plus booking fee) and can be purchased here.
What is The Dinner Game? The Dinner Game is a gastronomic frolic through film and music, where every dish is inspired by classic movies such as Pulp Fiction and Dirty Dancing. Diners become a part of the show, performing alongside their favourite actors on screen while answering questions to win tasty prizes. Have a look at what happens when diners join Ferris Buller, Vincent Vega and Beetlejuice on the dance floor!
“Double ‘O’ Salmon”
gin granita, horseradish snow, British new season asparagus
“Silence of the Lamb Shoulder”
pomegranate, rose petals, pistachio & feta filo cigars, mejadra, greens
Hackney Lick salted caramel ice cream, salted caramel sauce OR
Upside-down Pear and Ginger Cakes
Hackney Lick ginger ice-cream
*Note: Vegetarians and dietary requirements. will be accommodated. A specific option is available on the Eventbrite link. Chefs kindly request all dietary requirements be noted in their booking.
Order of Event
- Cocktails on arrival with amuse-bouche of Spicy Margarita Popcorn.
- Tom Cruise Risky Business dance off.
- James Bond ‘sex & gin’ montage, with teams answering questionsto win the first course.
- GAME – Balls in your Mouth: Players watch short scenes andanswer punchy questions for the rapid-fire game. Get thequestion right – get a delicious surprise edible ball in your mouth.
- A famous scene is shown and diners must answer questions to winthe second course.
- Musical Digestive – Chrissy sings a golden oldie while a stunningdedication to classic films is shown.
- GAME Balls in your Mouth: The Sequel – Diners partake in akaraoke battle of film soundtracks, with boozy truffles going tothe vocal performers.
- Dessert – Beetlejuice Surprise! Musical chairs with a twist.
- The grand finale – Movie Music dance off: Teams dance to someof the biggest movie tracks of all time for points, glory anddeliciously naughty treats.
- The game concludes but the party continues with a DJ playingHouse tunes till the wee hours.
Who’s it hosted by?
Chrissy Bray is an event creator, mischief-maker and fun activator, well known for going off-piste and somehow convincing her audience to follow. More than a singer/presenter, she’s a master of leading people astray in the most delightful way, and it is this talent that has brought the Australian born performer success in the competitive London entertainment arena. Having honed her comedic improvising skills on Australian radio and television, while simultaneously building her immersive events company, Chrissy is both event creator and executor, deftly managing all aspects of her musical soirees, from inception to performance.
But I’ll be hungry…
Crumble is a bespoke catering company, specializing in healthy proper travel inspired and flavour filled food. Scarlett says ‘we like to think we’re like Ottolenghi on an East End budget, we believe eating a “take- away” shouldn’t mean sacrificing healthy and delicious food’. Crumble currently produces over 500+ lunches a week for numerous clients, including Conde Nast, Nike, Margaret Communications and Puma. They recently launched on Deliveroo and soon to be found on Quiqup.
Who’s behind the stove?
Lyndell Sabine & Scarlett Dixon
After training at South African Chefs Academy in 2012, Lyndell Sabine came back and was head chef at Smokey Tails for the first year of its residency in Hackney Wick. Following on from her time there she founded Crumble, predominantly doing supper clubs before moving into the catering side of the culinary world. Lyndell believes in having healthy and flavourful food whether it’s at your desk or your home, which is where the inspiration for catering was born.
Scarlett Dixon was a lawyer living in Norway, when her passion for food pushed her to quit her job and move back to London. While still in Oslo, Scarlett hosted supper clubs once a month in a friend’s NYC loft style apartment and was soon revered as one of the best nights out. In 2014 Scarlett joined forces with Lyndell to fulfill her culinary ambitions. Scarlett also opened the kitchen at The Gun Pub in Homerton.
Chrissy Bray & Crumble present – The Dinner Game
Friday 22nd April 6.30pm-late
152-156 Clapton Road Clapton Pond
London, E5 0QJ
Tickets can be purchased – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-dinner-