I (Emma) was a PA in a previous life and got jealous of arranging dinners for bosses and trying to find good and weed out the bad places so started to blog as a collection of ideas at first and it grew from there.
1. Can you tell us how you came to know Glasgow so well?
Apart from a stint in London, have lived in Glasgow all of my life. Enjoy wandering around researching its history and taking a lot of photographs of the changes in the city over the years.
2. How would you describe Glasgow in 5 words?
Honest, friendly, casual, cold and daring or is that me!?
3. Give us one reason why you think everyone should visit Glasgow?
It isn’t as scary as you think. Honest!
4. Can you tell us 3-5 of your favourite restaurants/places to eat in Glasgow?
La Boca for tapas, The Finnieston for modern Scottish, Frosoullas for Greek and Mother India for their fish curries.
5. What’s an unusual thing most tourists wouldn’t know about?
That Stan Laurel made his stage debut in Glasgow. You can visit the Britannia Panopticon and see the stage. It’s well worth a visit.
6. What’s your favourite touristy thing to do in Glasgow?
Wander about the Necropolis. A huge graveyard with an amazing view. It’s modelled on Pere Lachaise in Paris and has some interesting vaults.
7. What should be at the top of your packing list for Glasgow?
An umbrella, there’s usually rain at some point. That and good walking shoes, lots of parks to visit and most things are within walking distance.
8. Can you share your favourite photo from Glasgow and tell us a little about it?
Photo of a water tower. Love this image as its striking, looks like a UFO and yet makes me think of Glasgow. This one is in the East end and we used to pass it going to visit my grand father.
9. What’s your favourite thing to do outside of the city?
Head out to Loch Lomond. It’s a 20min drive away with stunning scenery and great places to eat and drink in.
10. Can you recommend a cool place to stay in Glasgow?
If you enjoy luxury it would have to be Hotel du Vin. Beautiful sandstone terrace building in the West end of the city.
Where can we find your website, social media, other etc?